I want to get rid of an echo I hear of my own sound.

• If you’re using an audio interface, turn direct monitoring off.

During a FarPlay session (it’s OK if you alone join), look in the “You (Your name)” section of the main FarPlay window. Drag the Monitor slider all the way to the left to mute local monitoring of your sound in your headphones.

If you still hear an echo of your voice, ask all remote session participants to stop speaking/playing. Speak and see whether any of the level meters for individual remote participants flickers and shows green. If you identify a remote participant who is sending your audio back to you, check that they are listening to FarPlay audio only through their headphones (not through speakers).

If the remote participant continues to send your audio back to you, they should check whether they have created a feedback loop through routing they’ve set up for an audio interface (this is easy to do accidentally, for example, with a Universal Audio Apollo interface). If this might be the case, the remote participant should consult their audio interface’s manual to determine how to route FarPlay audio output to their headphones in a way that does not feed back into the input channels that are selected in the FarPlay Preferences > General Options > Microphone section.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.